Whether you have a house in Scottsdale, or Mesa or a commercial building in Phoenix or anywhere in the Valley of The Sun you should treat your roof like your car… The longer you ignore that “check engine” light the more your car deteriorates. Eventually, your car breaks down, the cost to repair gets expensive and the value of your investment drops and eventually you need to get a new car. so that is why roof repair in the Phoenix metro area is so important.
Phoenix Roof inspections are Critical
Regular roof inspections are an important part of maintaining your roof. Our Arizona desert weather can wreak havoc on the roof of your home or business and can deteriorate the roofing materials faster than many may realize. Because we think it doesn’t rain much in Phoenix, it doesn’t mean our Arizona sun is not deteriorating our roofs on a daily basis. This adds to the importance of repairing your roof in a timely manner. Ensuring proper maintenance will also extend the life of your roof, effectively lowering the cost of that roof over time.
When the sun is out no one really thinks about their roof, as soon as it rains EVERYONE becomes conscience of their roof and its condition. With a lack of roof repair and Phoenix roof maintenance, our harsh desert sun will greatly damage the quality and value of your roof. Timely roof inspections, roof repairs or roof maintenance can keep your Phoenix roof cost-efficient and functional. To procrastinate and avoid calling a professional Phoenix roofing contractor can cost you money in the long run.
Every Phoenix roof has it’s own special issues; tile roofs can hide a myriad of issues, while looking good on the outside. Flat roof and shingle roof leaks usually can be spotted and in most cases easily be repaired.
Remember, 7 out of 10 roofs can be repaired!
For more information visit the most informative roofing website on the internet; www.CostEffectiveRoofing.com
DIY Foam Roofing Repair & Maintenance Phoenix: If you have a foam flat roof in the Valley of the Sun you can understand the advantages of a sprayed polyurethane foam roof. One of the biggest factors that many property owners don’t think about is proper Phoenix foam roofing repair and maintenance. As a property owner with a foam roof you have two choices; hire a professional Phoenix roofing contractor or DIY… Do It Yourself Foam Roof Repair and Maintenance.
Foam Roof Blisters
Foam roofs can sometime develop blisters, which are usually caused by trapped moisture; most of these foam blisters do not cause an immediate threat. If left unfixed these foam blisters will eventually split exposing the foam roof to UV degradation… SUN LIGHT. This will cause your foam roof to deteriorate.
Do It Yourself Foam Blister Repair
- Cut out the blister and remove any burnt or wet foam within the foam blister, you want to get down to dry and white foam. It is important to make sure everything is dry.
- Using a sharp utility knife cut the edge of the roof foam at a 45-degree angle away form the blister. This will provide a smooth tie-in with your caulking.
- There are several manufactures’ of elastomeric caulking, I recommend APOC’s 264 Flash N’ Seal Roof and Flashing Sealant. With a trowel, fill the foam blister void with APOC’s 264. Make sure to push the caulking in and completely fill the foam blister void.
- Smooth out to match your current foam roofs texture as much as possible and allow the APOC 264 Flash N’ Seal Roof and Flashing Sealant to cure for several days.
- When the repair is cured or dried, coat the top of the foam roof repair with an elastomeric coating to ensure no future damage will occur. I recommend APOC’s 252 Sunwhite Premium Elastomeric Roof Coating. There are lower priced elastomeric roof coatings you can purchase at Home Depot or Lowes. For more information about foam roof repair and maintenance visit: www.costeffectiveroofing.com.
Foam Roof Repair Phoenix
Foam Roof Repair in Phoenix, many homeowners and commercial property owners cringe when people mention foam roofing or SPF, (Sprayed Polyurethane Foam). The fact is Phoenix foam roofing is very easy to maintain and may be the last roof you will ever need to install on your home or business. Foam roofing in Phoenix is easier to repair than other roofing systems. While most flat roofing systems like a TPO single ply roofing or modified bitumen roofing have to be removed after their useable lives, foam roofing with proper roof maintenance and foam recoating can last indefinitely!
Repairing Your Phoenix Foam Roof
If you want a Phoenix foam roof repair you can do it yourself or hire a Phoenix Roofing contractor to repair your foam roof. Many Phoenix DIY property owners choose to maintain and coat their foam roofs themselves. Many choose to hire a Phoenix roofing contractor to repair and coat their foam roofs. Hiring a profession licensed Phoenix roofing contractor provides several advantages. First, most have the experience to properly repair and coat a foam roof. Second, they provide a roof warranty and finally hiring a professional roofer provides you the peace of mind that if something goes wrong or you have a leak, you can just contact the Phoenix roofing contractor that repaired and coated your foam roof.
The Importance of Foam Roof Inspections in Phoenix
As I have stated so many times, “In Arizona we put a roof on and forget about it”. Unfortunately, this type of thinking is very expensive! Foam roofs are renewable which means your Phoenix Foam Roof can last a lifetime. All it takes in annual roof inspections and roof maintenance.
My next blog we will discuss how to DIY foam roof repair Phoenix. For more information visit: www.CostEffectiveRoofing.com