The #1 New Year’s Resolution for your Flat Roof
Yes! Every American makes a New Year’s resolution and only 8% achieve their New Year’s goals. Let me guess, you want to make more money, lose some weight, eat better or spend more time with your family… sure they are all good goals. But what about a New Year’s resolution for your flat roof?
Setting ambitious New Year’s resolution can be fun, but to actually achieve them can be another story. But what about a New Year’s resolution for your Phoenix commercial flat roof? Your roof is the most important part of your building, when it comes to protecting your investment. A maintenance-free roof system is as real as Santa Clause, it may sound good and give you a warm feeling but both simply don’t exist.
So what is the number one New Year’s resolution for your flat roof?
Take care of my commercial flat roof! Sound complicated and expensive? Think again! The goal of taking care of your roof is to extend the roof’s useable life. Roof repair & roof maintenance Phoenix
- Walk the perimeter of your building: Walk the perimeter of your phoenix building and make sure there are no loose objects hanging like, signs, satellite dishes, tree branches, and other building materials. These can be come airborne in high winds causing damage. Don’t forget to trim back trees that can rub or damage your roof and building.
- Walk your flat roof: If you are able walk your Phoenix flat roof, check all pipes and other roof penetrations for gaps and other age related damage. Inspect your roof drain and/or scupper areas to make sure they are clear of any debris. Check your roofs edge details to make sure they are tight fitting and properly sealed at the seams and fasteners. Inspect the actual roofing membrane for breaches or other roof damages.
- Note any roof issues you see: This is simple; mark areas that you feel are a concern. You can have your own maintenance team clean and repair your flat roof or you can hire a Phoenix roofing contractor that specializes in roof maintenance and roof cleaning.
Roof Repair & Roof Maintenance Phoenix
Many Phoenix roofing contractors focus on selling new roofs, that’s it. To a Phoenix roofer when they see a flat roof, “Tear off that roof and install a new roof!” It’s just second nature to a roofer. So if you are looking for roof repair Phoenix or roof maintenance Phoenix visit: www.CostEffectiveRoofing.com the most informative roofing website on the internet!
DIY Foam Roofing Repair & Maintenance Phoenix: If you have a foam flat roof in the Valley of the Sun you can understand the advantages of a sprayed polyurethane foam roof. One of the biggest factors that many property owners don’t think about is proper Phoenix foam roofing repair and maintenance. As a property owner with a foam roof you have two choices; hire a professional Phoenix roofing contractor or DIY… Do It Yourself Foam Roof Repair and Maintenance.
Foam Roof Blisters
Foam roofs can sometime develop blisters, which are usually caused by trapped moisture; most of these foam blisters do not cause an immediate threat. If left unfixed these foam blisters will eventually split exposing the foam roof to UV degradation… SUN LIGHT. This will cause your foam roof to deteriorate.
Do It Yourself Foam Blister Repair
- Cut out the blister and remove any burnt or wet foam within the foam blister, you want to get down to dry and white foam. It is important to make sure everything is dry.
- Using a sharp utility knife cut the edge of the roof foam at a 45-degree angle away form the blister. This will provide a smooth tie-in with your caulking.
- There are several manufactures’ of elastomeric caulking, I recommend APOC’s 264 Flash N’ Seal Roof and Flashing Sealant. With a trowel, fill the foam blister void with APOC’s 264. Make sure to push the caulking in and completely fill the foam blister void.
- Smooth out to match your current foam roofs texture as much as possible and allow the APOC 264 Flash N’ Seal Roof and Flashing Sealant to cure for several days.
- When the repair is cured or dried, coat the top of the foam roof repair with an elastomeric coating to ensure no future damage will occur. I recommend APOC’s 252 Sunwhite Premium Elastomeric Roof Coating. There are lower priced elastomeric roof coatings you can purchase at Home Depot or Lowes. For more information about foam roof repair and maintenance visit: www.costeffectiveroofing.com.
Foam Roof Repair Phoenix
Foam Roof Repair in Phoenix, many homeowners and commercial property owners cringe when people mention foam roofing or SPF, (Sprayed Polyurethane Foam). The fact is Phoenix foam roofing is very easy to maintain and may be the last roof you will ever need to install on your home or business. Foam roofing in Phoenix is easier to repair than other roofing systems. While most flat roofing systems like a TPO single ply roofing or modified bitumen roofing have to be removed after their useable lives, foam roofing with proper roof maintenance and foam recoating can last indefinitely!
Repairing Your Phoenix Foam Roof
If you want a Phoenix foam roof repair you can do it yourself or hire a Phoenix Roofing contractor to repair your foam roof. Many Phoenix DIY property owners choose to maintain and coat their foam roofs themselves. Many choose to hire a Phoenix roofing contractor to repair and coat their foam roofs. Hiring a profession licensed Phoenix roofing contractor provides several advantages. First, most have the experience to properly repair and coat a foam roof. Second, they provide a roof warranty and finally hiring a professional roofer provides you the peace of mind that if something goes wrong or you have a leak, you can just contact the Phoenix roofing contractor that repaired and coated your foam roof.
The Importance of Foam Roof Inspections in Phoenix
As I have stated so many times, “In Arizona we put a roof on and forget about it”. Unfortunately, this type of thinking is very expensive! Foam roofs are renewable which means your Phoenix Foam Roof can last a lifetime. All it takes in annual roof inspections and roof maintenance.
My next blog we will discuss how to DIY foam roof repair Phoenix. For more information visit: www.CostEffectiveRoofing.com